To get to the next level of utilizing hops in their beers, extraction efficiency of humulinones, iso-alphas and alpha acids are where brewers are focusing their energy. Sprinkman offers a version of the Dry Hop Skid (DHS) for smaller brewers that holds 100 lbs of hops (DHS-100) and a larger unit that handles 250 lbs (DHS-250). The Sprinkman system will greatly improve your dry hop by specifically controlling all aspects of the dry hop recirculation including:
- Induction. Dry pellets are held in a conical CO2 pressure chamber.
- Multiple turns/hour. Fast recirculation for quick tank turnover.
- Easy CIP. Everything is hard-piped to switch from normal operation to CIP
- Contained system. No need to open to atmosphere. DO pickup will be single-digit PPB.
- Improved pellet breakdown. Immediate but gentle breakdown of pellets.
- Portable, plug-and-play unit. Complete with pump, VFD and 50’ cord to reach tight cellar spaces.
- Pressure-capable. Can be used with flow panels, outdoor cellars and process piping.
- Safe. Dry hopping done at floor-level.
- Dosing. Ability to dose purees, fining gel, powder, fruit pieces, cocoa nibs, coffee, sugar and more!
- Quicker start. High flow CO2 regulator for quick purge and pressurization times.
HOW IT WORKS
- The fermenter is continuously circulated which creates differential pressure.
- Air is purged out of the hop chamber.
- Induction occurs by balancing the hop chamber’s pressure.
- Beer always has positive pressure on it.
- Pellets are mixed with beer and go through the
- Pump to begin breakdown.
- The fermenter continues to recirculate.
- Tanks dry hopped before terminal may reach terminal faster via rousing
- No damage to yeast that may be left in tank
- Breaking down hop pellets can allow lower racking position during
- Transfer to brite – tighter trub pile
- Can be used to CIP other equipment
- Okay to use on 20-amp circuit whether it’s 208/230 or 460V
- Savings on hop usage
For additional information, click the image below
For more information on these smaller systems, please go to our Request-A-Quote page
Contact us today
for a free quote!